Purchasing a property may be one of the biggest financial transactions you ever make and the process can be complex. It is vital that the legal advice you get is accurate. At Band Hatton Button, you will receive technically sound professional advice and we will aim to make your property purchase as stress free and efficient as possible.
An overview of the key stages in the purchase process and what we will deal with is detailed below:
- An offer is accepted by the seller, and you instruct us – your ID and source of funds are verified, and you will be asked to provide some initial information and pay money on account for searches
- Contracts are received from the seller’s solicitor and searches are ordered
- Any necessary enquiries are raised with the seller’s solicitor
- Mortgage offer, survey, replies to enquiries and searches are received and checked, and a full report is provided to you
- We will arrange for you to sign the contract documentation
- Your deposit is paid to us, and a completion date is agreed with seller’s solicitor
- Contracts are exchanged – the purchase is now legally binding
- Mortgage funds and/or the balance of funds to complete are requested
- Completion date – funds are sent to the seller’s solicitor and keys are released
- Post completion formalities are dealt with, such as filing your SDLT return and dealing with the registration at HM Land Registry
Our Residential Property lawyers are experienced professionals and experts in their field, dealing with property purchases all over England and Wales. You will receive sound and professional legal advice that is tailored to you as an individual. We pride ourselves on building excellent working relationships with our clients and we will keep you updated every step of the way.
If you are looking to buy a property, please call us on 02476 632121 to discuss this further or click below to obtain a conveyancing quote online.