Selling a property may be one of the biggest financial transactions you ever make, and the process can be complex. It is vital that the legal advice you get is accurate. At Band Hatton Button, you will receive technically sound professional advice and we will aim to make your property sale as stress free and efficient as possible.
An overview of the key stages in the sale process and what we will deal with is detailed below:
- An offer is accepted on the property, and you instruct us – your ID will be verified and you will be asked to provide initial information on the property
- We will obtain the title documents and prepare the draft contract to send to the buyer’s solicitor
- Deal with any enquiries received from the buyer’s solicitor
- Arrange for you to sign the contract documentation
- Agree a completion date with the buyer’s solicitor
- Exchange contracts – the sale is now legally binding
- Request a final mortgage redemption figure from your lender (if applicable)
- Complete the transaction – receive completion monies from the buyer’s solicitor, redeem your mortgage, pay estate agent and return proceeds to you.
Our Residential Property lawyers are experienced professionals and experts in their field, dealing with property sales all over the country. You will receive sound and professional legal advice that is tailored to you as an individual. We pride ourselves on building excellent working relationships with our client’s and we will do all we can to make the process as stress free and efficient as possible.
If you are looking to sell your property, please call us on 02476 632121 to discuss this further or click below to obtain a conveyancing quote online.