We raise money throughout the year for those in need and are proud to work with a number of good causes in our local community.
We are delighted that Coventry Cyrenians is our current charity partner and we have pledged a year’s worth of fundraising to this wonderful local cause after a staff vote. Cyrenians has been providing shelter, accommodation and practical life support for the region’s homeless community since 1973, and currently helps around 400 people a year across Coventry, Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon with 200 places of accommodation. Click here to read more about this story.
Last year, we raised money for Shine A Light Support Service. The charity support families affected by childhood cancer in Coventry and Warwickshire. Click here to read more about the work they do. We were thrilled to raise over £12,500 for Shine A Light throughout our time with them – this story talks about our fundraising in more detail.
We also have three other nominated charities that we continue to support with fundraising – as detailed below.
Further to this, we encourage and support colleagues undertaking charity based initiatives, participate in most national charity days, such as the Macmillan Coffee Morning, Wear It Red and Christmas Jumper Day for Save The Children, and we annually sponsor other local charitable groups such as childrens sports teams, and are members of The Rotary Club of Kenilworth.
Some recent fundraising successes include:
- We held a Quiz Night at Coventry Rugby Club and made £808.67 for Cyrenians.
- We sponsored and helped organise a Coventry Leofric Lions Sporting Dinner held at Coventry Rugby Club, raising over £7k for Lions charities and the Multiple Sclerosis Trust.
- We made over £3.5k for Coventry Leofric and Kenilworth Lions and their charities by organising and co-sponsoring a Golf Day, which was held at Stoneleigh Deer Park Golf Club.
- We raised over £10k for Shine A Light Support Service hosting a Charity Ball at the Double Tree by Hilton at Walsgrave in Coventry, on 11 May 2018.
- A team from the firm took part in the Lake District Six Peaks Challenge, raising over £500 for Shine A Light Support Service.
- We organised a quiz night in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Kenilworth to raise funds for Shine A Light Support Service and made around £1600.
- We supported the Rotary Club of Kenilworth with their Tackling Hunger event, where volunteers (including some members of staff) packed over 50,000 meals for families overseas in one day. Food bank collections were also made for UK families in need. Click here for more info.
- We made over £2k for Zoe’s Place by organising a Charity Quiz Night for the Rotary Club of Kenilworth. We saw 25 teams from the local business and Rotarian communities compete. We continue to also support other Rotary events and causes.
- We made over £6k at 2016’s Charity Ball for the Heart of England Community Foundation. The Ball, held on 23 September 2016 at Coombe Abbey, was a great success and bought together a great range of local business people.