For Business

Home / For Business / Licensing Law
Decorative Rectangle

Licensing Law

We have an experienced Licensing Unit at Band Hatton Button, headed by John French. He will be able to discuss your specific requirements with you in respect of:

  • Licensable activity
  • Premises Licence
  • Designated Premises Supervisor
  • Personal Licence
  • Temporary Event Notice.

Premises Licence

A Premises Licence is needed where any licensable activity is taking place. These activities are defined as : the retail sale of alcohol, supply of alcohol by a club, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment.

You will have to give specific information about the licensable activity you carry on and apply with a plan of the premises, a copy of the existing Licence and the consent of the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Provided there are no Police objections, your Local Council will grant your Licence.

Personal Licence

If you hold a Personal Licence, you will not need to seek a transfer of the Licence every time you move between licensed premises.

The law requires that every sale of alcohol is made by a holder of a Personal Licence and also that every premises which holds a Licence has a Designated Premises Supervisor who will be the holder of a Personal Licence and who will be in day to day charge of the premises.

You will need to make your application to the Local Authority in whose area you normally reside. There is a form to fill in and a fee to pay which must be sent off to your local council with a Passport photograph.

View our Charges