We are committed to providing excellent levels of service at all times, and we truly go above and beyond for our clients – so it’s great for us when others acknowledge this and recognise and reward our efforts.
This page details the accreditations and awards that we have so far, and which we hope to continue to add to…
We are proud to be accredited under –
- ISO 9001: The global standard is a stringent measure which ensures we, as a business, offer a high level quality and service, deliver in a timely manner, have the ‘right first time attitude’, and fewer complaints. It is an independent audit which demonstrates our true commitment to quality.
- Lexcel: This is the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark for practice management and client care. It helps firms to achieve excellence in compliance and practice management.
- Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme: The Scheme provides a recognised quality standard specifically related to residential conveyancing work. Membership establishes a level of credibility for firms with stakeholders such as regulators, lenders and insurers as well as residential homebuyers and sellers.
- The FSQS Registered Mark: is valued by some of the largest purchasers in the financial sector and indicates that your organisation has gone through the process required to demonstrate its commitment and credentials to the industry.
- Cyber Essentials: This certification is a Government-backed, industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats.
- We were named Law Firm of the Year at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards in November 2019 and November 2022.
- We won the Communication Campaign of the Year Award at the FirstPro Awards in April 2019.
- The firm was named Professional Services Company of the Year at the inaugural Midlands Service Excellence Awards in March 2019.
- We were delighted to win both the Contribution to the Community and Leadership Team of the Year Awards at the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2018.
- We were named Law Firm of the Year at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards in 2017.
- We won the Services Award at the Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2016.
We were shortlisted for the Excellence in Client Care Award at the annual LawNet Awards in November 2019 and also in 2018, as well as in the People Excellence category at Coventry & Warwickshire First’s ‘FirstPro’ Awards in April 2018, and for the ‘Digital Presence’ and ‘Excellence in Employee Engagement’ Awards at the LawNet Awards 2016. We were also shortlisted for the Excellence in Client Care Award at the annual LawNet Awards in November 2019.
- Our Wills, Trusts and Probate won the Team of the Year Award at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards in November 2021.
- Our Residential Property Team won the Team of the Year Award at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards in November 2018.
- Dina Parmar won the Lawyer of the Year at the 2021 Warwickshire Law Society Awards.
- Helen Stott won the Young Lawyer of the Year 2021 at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards.
- Keri Wood was named Young Lawyer of the Year 2018 at the Warwickshire Law Society Awards.
- Daniel Blood was awarded Lawyer of the Year at the 2018 Warwickshire Law Society Awards.
- Daniel Blood was also shortlisted for the Outstanding Individual Contribution Award at the annual LawNet Awards in November 2019.
- We are ranked in the Legal 500 directory in six separate categories and are the most highly ranked firm in Coventry.
- Head of Wills, Trusts & Probate Michelle Gavin is named as a ‘leading lawyer’ by Chambers and Partners in their ‘High Net Worth Guide’.
- Head of Family, Tracy Cross, is named in the Chambers and Partners ‘Spotlight’ list, for Family/Matrimonial: Mainly ADR
In 2021, Band Hatton Button celebrated 125 years in business.
We are a legal business with a long and proud history.
Well respected Coventry law firms Band Hatton, Button Legal and Varley Hibbs joined forces on 6 April 2013 to create ‘Band Hatton Button LLP’, a leading, modern, client focussed law firm, working with businesses of the future and thriving families and individuals in Coventry, Warwickshire as well as across the UK.
History has shaped Band Hatton Button into one of the UK’s leading full service law firms. Our firm is consistently commended in the Legal 500, which recognises the top law firms in England and Wales, and our range of skills is further enhanced by our membership of Lawnet which is one of the leading national groups of more than 70 independent law firms throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Our established relationship with leading London law firms, and our membership of Lawnet’s sister European Group, also gives us and our clients access to resources incomparably stronger than many other firms in our region.
Band Hatton Button’s current state-of-the art office is based in Butts Road, and whilst the firm is justly proud of its long history, its current ethos (supported by up-to-date bespoke technology) is firmly fixed in the present. One commitment has remained constant, however, which is the delivery of the highest standards of client care and quality of legal advice across a wide range of issues, in a modern, personal and practical way, or in short deliver excellent legal services.
Our reputation is founded on our commitment to a tailored, personal approach that puts our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Band Hatton was formed in 1896 when a newly-qualified young solicitor Charles Band, went into partnership with Leonard Hatton to form ‘Band Hatton’.
Charles Band quickly became a highly respected figure in the local community. In 1936, he was appointed as Chairman of the Standard Motor Company (a position he held for 19 years) and in his legal role, he actually negotiated the Company’s acquisition of its famous Canley site.
In 1996, Band Hatton put together a commemorative brochure to mark the 100th Anniversary. Click here to view a PDF.
Varley Hibbs can trace its origins back to 1932 when John Varley set up his own legal practice and was later joined by Horace Hibbs.
Philip Varley, one of Coventry’s leading criminal lawyers, was incarcerated for the best part of 3 years as a Prisoner of War during the Second World War (he went on to become Senior Partner).
Nick Button had the vision to set up his own practice in 1988 and quickly established himself as an approachable solicitor with technical expertise in a number of legal areas.
Richardson & Davies
In January 2020, Band Hatton Button acquired local law firm Richardson and Davies who have been based in Coventry since 1936.