Tell us a bit about how you got here…
I joined Band Hatton Button in June 2019 having previously worked at Cocks Lloyd in Nuneaton as Head of Commercial Property. I have previously worked at Eversheds LLP in Birmingham.
What does your day job look like?
I deal with all manner of commercial property matters, including:
- Acquisitions and Disposals of freehold/leasehold land and properties.
- Land Development – Option Agreements, Promotion Agreements and Overage Agreements.
- Landlord and Tenant – Leases, Lease Assignments/Underlettings and Licences to carry out works.
- Utilities – Wayleave Agreements and Easements.
- Refinancing and secured lending.
- Energy/Utilities – Solar farm/roof top option agreements and leases.
I act for a variety of clients including Developers, SSAS and SIPP pension funds, Retail high street tenants, Portfolio owning Landlords and Publicans. I also have experience acting for Charities, Banks and Statutory Undertakers in the utilities sector. I’ve also acted in the ‘buy to let’ sector for property investment companies. One of my main clients has been a multiple franchise holder of a well-known high street pizza chain.
I enjoy building strong and long-lasting relationships with clients as I strive to provide them with an efficient and responsive service. I aim to keep clients regularly updated, providing timely and pro-active advice that is straightforward yet commercial.
What Do You Like to Do Outside of Work?
When not at work I enjoy spending time with my new baby daughter and wife. I like watching and playing sport when I can! I enjoy rugby, GAA, motorsport and golf. We got married in Italy back in 2017 and I like going back there for a visit.