For Individuals

Home / For Individuals / Family Law / Change of Name Deeds
Decorative Rectangle

Change of Name Deeds

Frequently, when parties have divorced or separated, they decide that they wish to revert to their maiden name or change their name legally.

There are also many other reasons why you might want to change your name, commonly due to marriage or civil partnership, or simply because you want to be known by another name.

If you are choosing to change your name, then you can (within a few limits) choose any name you like. It needs to be pronounceable in at least one language, it must include a first name and a surname and it cannot be one of the names excluded by the Home Office.

If you are changing your name by deed poll, you might find the services of a solicitor useful.

We are able to prepare Change of Name Deeds for you at a fixed fee of £150 plus VAT. Please get in touch for more information